Design • Development • Content • Management • Marketing & Promotion
Strategic Planning Defined
A common methodology for strategic planning is the popular formula known as the SWOT Analysis, which consists of the following:
- Strengths: characteristics of the business or project that give it an advantage over others.
- Weaknesses: characteristics of the business that place the business or project at a disadvantage relative to others.
- Opportunities: elements in the environment that the business or project could exploit to its advantage.
- Threats: elements in the environment that could cause trouble for the business or project.
Strategic Planning or creating a business strategy is a long term plan of action designed to achieve business goals and objectives. Strategy is the “game plan” for the performance and growth of a company or organization. It lays out how business should be conducted to achieve desired goals. Many of our clients look to us for expertise in this area, especially where technology is involved. We can help you build a successful strategy tailored to your company needs. We help guide you through our strategy formulas guaranteed to get you on the right path.
Strengths and weaknesses (internal factors)
- Human resources — staff, volunteers, board members, target population
- Physical resources — your location, building, equipment
- Financial — grants, funding agencies, other sources of income
- Activities and processes — programs you run, systems you employ
- Past experiences — building blocks for learning and success, your reputation in the community
While planning intelligent design is unique, it might be confusing to apply the SWOT Method web development mechanics. However, it works! While our technical planning gets more detailed, this is a great starting point. We use each of these criteria to build out our technology projects. Need help planning out your business strategy?
Contact Us for Assistance!